An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DVD Review: The Best of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Uncensored!

The Best of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Uncensored!
Hosted by Drew Carey
Starring: Wayne Brady, Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, Jeff Davis, Charles Esten, Kathryn Greenwood, Kathy Griffin, Greg Proops, and Brad Sherwood.

This won't be a long review. There isn't much to talk about on this disc. There isn't a plot to go over. What we have here is a best of collection featuring 10 episodes from Whose Line's history. I happen to absolutely love this show so I found myself laughing until I was hacking like a 30+ year smoker.

We get some great stuff here. Including a guest appearance from Richard Simmons that had me laughing so hard I couldn't see straight and seeing Ryan Stiles live out an apparent childhood fantasy with Florence Henderson.

I'm not a fan of the singing games and there are plenty of those, but besides that, this is a rather great collection that brings tons of laughs.

The special features are nil save for a special Best Of episode featuring clips from the shows first two seasons. Thankfully, I didn't notice any repeated sketches.

This set is full of guest stars that range from the aforementioned Simmons and Henderson, to David Hasselhoff and some cheerleaders that make for another hilarious scene.

This show is extremely funny. Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie keep me in stitches pretty much constantly and this set features plenty of examples of their hilarity.

This certainly doesn't make up for a lack of more complete season DVDs of this show but it's a nice hold over until they finally give us more of the show.

I'm not quite sure what exactly was uncensored about this set except for Ryan Stiles flipping off Drew Carey. There isn't any foul language that I noticed. Granted, the Richard Simmons scenes get a little risque so maybe they were trimmed for the original airing (I really can't remember).

This set is a great watch for anyone who likes to lose themselves in laughter. It's pretty cheap so it makes for a great gift as well. This is definitely on my recommendations list.

The Best of Whose Line Is It Anyway Uncensored! hits stores on June 9. Pick up a copy and laugh yourself silly.

No comments: