An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blu-Ray Quickie - Thelma and Louise

Thelma and Louise
Special Features: Commentary from Ridley Scott, Commentary from Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis and Writer Callie Khouri, Thelma and Louise: The Last Journey, Original Theatrical Featurette, Extended Ending with Director's Commentary, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Multi:Angle Storyboards: The Final Chace, "Party of You, Part of Me" Music Video by Glenn Fry

It might sound odd but I really had no idea that Ridley Scott directed this movie.  I guess it's a piece of info that just never stuck in my brain.  After revisiting Thelma and Louise, I don't think I'll forget.

Anyway that's neither here nor there.  What is here and possibly there is the 20th Anniversary blu-ray release of Thelma and Louise.

Let me tell you, this movie holds up remarkably well, mainly because of the great script and it's two incredible leads.  I really liked the movie ever more now than I did back when I first saw it.  I guess it gets better with age.

The blu-ray looks great and sounds even better and is supplemented with some interesting features, including commentary from the writer Callie Khouri. 

I won't go so far as to call this one a Must-Own but it is an important film (there really hasn't been anything like it since) and one that is extremely enjoyable.

Currently, it's $14.99 at amazon which to me is a steal.

Pop Culture Beast rating
8/10

Do you all like the quickie style review or would you like them more detailed?  Maybe depending on the release?  I have one coming for Bambi as well.  What do you think?

No comments: