An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Five Questions with Greyson Chance!

Five questions with... is a newer feature here at Pop culture Beast and one we hope to be able to do more often. First up is soon to explode single Greyson Chance!

He became an instant You Tube sensation with his really great cover of Lady GaGa's Paparazzi and after performing on The Ellen Show, he was signed to Ellen's new record label.

His debut album, Hold On 'Til The Night hits stores in just a few weeks on August 2 and we're glad to have a chance to feature him in Five Questions With...

Without further ado, I give you Five Questions with Greyson Chance!



Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions for us! 

It seems like a wild ride going from a Lady GaGa cover on YouTube to having your debut album, "Hold On 'Til the Night," just a couple of months away from release.  Tell us a bit about how it's been these past few months and what a crazy ride you've had.

Well the last year has been very crazy! My whole life has changed. I went from being a normal kid to being an artist on the road and making music! It can get a little hard sometimes, but I love what I do! I love making art and being able to connect with my fans.


Tell us a bit about the new album.  The title, "Hold on 'Til the Night" is interesting.  What does it mean and what can we expect to hear?

"Hold On 'Til The Night" is my debut album coming out August 2nd! I have been working on this record for a year and I think you can really "see" the emotions that a person goes go thru during a year. You can understand happiness, pain, heartbreak, and love throughout the record. The sound very pop/rock.

You've been pretty outspoken on Bullying, especially on Ellen's show.  It's a brave thing to talk about personal experiences and I admire that bravery.  Do you touch on these themes on the album at all and do you plan to do more outreach on the subject?

One of the bonus tracks of the record is Purple Sky. I wrote the record after seeing and hearing about so many young adults and teens committing suicide over being tormented. I wanted my fans to be able to listen to it and feel more confident about themselves. I was bullied very lightly in middle school, but it was hard for me to connect to the subject when writing the record. So I studied and researched it and put myself in the shoes of kids who were truly being tormented.

I'm a big fan of covers and particularly enjoyed your cover of Paparazzi.  Any plans for other cover songs on your tour?  More GaGa?

Well, thank you! No more cover songs though, I have my own album coming out and want to share my songs with the world!  But, I am huge fan of Gaga's and we're on the same record label, so maybe we could team up one day... that would be amazing.
Finally, I'm a bit of a movie and music addict so I like to ask this a lot: What's a song and movie that you can't get enough of right now?

Song: Rolling in the Deep by Adele. Movie...the latest Harry Potter! I am a huge fan and actually going to the premiere of the last film in NYC!


I can't say I'm not jealous about that premiere trip.  Thanks for answering Five Questions, Greyson!

Greyson Chance's debut album, Hold On 'Til The Night arrives on August 2nd!

No comments: