An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Garon's Top Ten Albums of 2011! (updated!)

Well...you get 10 - 6 for the time being.  You'll have to listen to the next episode of SHOW for the top five.  I'll update the post with the rest next week.

I spent a long time catching up and checking out a lot of different albums and artists and still this list turned out to be pretty mainstream for me and very pop heavy.   Some might be surprising, some might not.

Let's get it started!

10.


Timez Are Weird These Days

This one snuck up on me.  I saw him live with Erykah Badu and was instantly captivated.  The album is fresh and eclectic with a great mix of styles.  Really great stuff.

9.


Secret Codes and Battleships

To date, the best album he has ever done.  Beautiful, fun, heartfelt.  His best work yet.

8.


The Reckoning

A gorgeous collection of rock and roll and deeply moving lyrics.  This one catches you and does not let go.

7.

Neighborhoods

The guys are back and just keep getting better.  I was worried that they would try and go back to the sillier stuff of yesteryear when they reunited but am pleased they stuck with the maturity of their brilliant self'-titled album.

6.


Stronger

The first idol is back to prove she is really the ONLY idol.  Her best collection of songs shows how strong she really is as she grows into one of pop musics most valuable gems.  She really shines here and the album is cover to cover good.

Want the rest?  Check out episode 8 of show which will hit the airwaves THIS WEEK and we'll give you our top 5 best albums of 2011 and our picks for the worst album!

Check it out HERE.

TOP FIVE!

5.

Talk That Talk
This is Rihanna at her absolute best.  She's never sounded better.  It's a mature and sexy album that is cover to cover good.

4.
Torches
This is not the album I expected.  In fact, I was convinced there is no way it could be good.  I don't know why.  I am pleased to be completely wrong as this album is catchy as hell and a fun listen back to front and "Pumped Up Kicks" isn't even the best song on the album.

3.


21

There really aren't even words for Adele.  She is an incredible vocalist and delivers a brilliant album.  you can hear these songs two thousand times (and let's face it you probably have) and they will never get old.


2.



Speak Now 

I've talked about this album constantly. I can't explain it but I can't get enough of it.   I love every song on this album (that seems to be pretty consistent) and will probably keep talking about it.  Can she top this one?  I don't know, Speak Now is pretty much magic.

1. 


Euphoric /// Heartbreak \\\ 

I don't know where this album came from.  It came out of nowhere when I was looking through 2011 releases.  I was all set to give Taylor Swift the #1 slot but from the moment I put on this album I was hooked.  It's a gorgeous, heart-wrenching album that is an absolute must listen.  It's been years since an album really gave me a truly deep emotional shake as this one did.  Buy.  This.  Album.


That's it for 2011 Music!  We'll see what 2012 has to offer.

No comments: