An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Concert Review: Pink - The Truth About Love Tour


This past Saturday, P!nk brought The Truth About Love tour to Staples Center here in Los Angeles. I was not prepared. I truly was not. I'm not sure what I expected to be honest. I would consider myself a fan but after this show, I'd say I am a FAN.

Click the RAWR and find out just how she blew my mind.



I've had a few conversations with The Fuck Yeah Guy about who would inherit the spectacle concert throne of the likes of Janet Jackson or Madonna.  People often mention the Christinas or the Britneys but I never really thought of Pink (or P!nk).  After seeing her show it's really clear that not only is she the one who deserves it, she's just about snatched the crown with a wink and a smile.

The Truth About Love Tour is nothing short of amazing and it definitely deserves a place amongst the major tours of the mega star female artists who have come before.  With one major difference though.

Pink sings live.

Her set was satisfying and her show stellar.  Acrobatics, dancing, a wonderful acoustic set with a gorgeous cover of Time After Time, this tour has it all and Pink does it all.

Vocally, she sounds wonderful even when she is spinning in a sheet or flying across the entire stadium, a lot of which was upside down mind you.  She is an incredible performer and did a remarkable job.

She touches on her entire catalog, even dedicating a medley to her debut album.  Sure she can't do every song but she does her best to hit the big ones.

She also includes a couple covers.  I happen to love cover songs and Pink nailed both of her's here.  She did Wicked Games and much to my excitement Time After Time which is one of my all time favorite songs.

Pink does it all here, she rocks out, she dances, she does some amazing acrobatic work, and she really shows off her pipes with a lovely acoustic set.  I would sit through an entire show of just Pink and a guitar to be honest.

The Truth About LoveTour shows Pink at her best.  Her artistry is on full display, her voice is incredible, she looked sexy as hell, her moves are on point, and in a word she was flawless.

Pink is an artist who, in my opinion, does not get the credit she deserves.  This show is a prime example of her as an artist knocking it straight out of the park.  This tour is a helluva show, one of the best I've seen.  Well done Pink and Co.

Ladies of pop take note, Pink is a giant, she's earned the title of pop royalty and you need to do a lot of work to even get near her level.

The Truth About  Love Tour runs through December 8.

If you missed or can't make the tour, it will be available on DVD next month.

For more information visit http://thetruthaboutlovetour.com/

Setlist:

1. Raise Your Glass 

2. Walk of Shame 

3. Just Like a Pill 

4. U + Ur Hand 

5. Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely) 

6. Try 

7. Wicked Game 
(Chris Isaak cover)
8. Just Give Me a Reason 

9. Trouble 

10. Are We All We Are 

11. Sober 

12. The Great Escape 

13. Who Knew 

14. Time After Time 
(Cyndi Lauper cover)
15. F**kin' Perfect 

16. Most Girls / There You Go / You Make Me Sick 

17. Slut Like You 

18. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) 

19. So What 

20. Encore: Glitter in the Air

Pink
The Truth About Love Tour
10/10 Jaws on the Floor

No comments: