An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

BLOG ZINE! The Most Interesting Man In The (Zine) World

by Kari Tervo

You want to talk zines, Gene? Then you should read the FAQ, Jack.

Oh, also? I haven't been getting a lot of my post office box mail since July. They thought I was dead.* So, if you sent me something for review, I just got it. And if you sent me a trade or something, I have things all sorted and will be tackling that stack regularly!

*I am not dead. Unless this is The Sixth Sense. In which case, you are also dead.** 

**Spoiler alert! Movies that came out in 1999 don't require spoiler alerts!


CLICK RAWR FOR THE MOST INTERESTING ZINE REVIEW IN THE WORLD!

Here's my rating system:
Here’s my Rating System:
Recommended: !
It’s Aiight: .
Maybe If You’re Into That Sort of Thing: ? - See more at: http://www.popculturebeast.com/2013/10/blog-zine-weekly-online-zine-reviews.html#sthash.cA4OZmLZ.dpuf
Recommended: !
It’s Aiight: .
Maybe If You’re Into That Sort of Thing: ? - See more at: http://www.popculturebeast.com/2013/10/blog-zine-weekly-online-zine-reviews.html#sthash.cA4OZmLZ.dpuf
Recommended: !

It's Aiight: .

Maybe If You're Into That Sort of Thing:  ?

Proof I Exist #16
Rating: !!!
Price: $2
Billy the Bunny
iknowbilly@gmail.com

He doesn't need to go to Kinko's, because his zines reproduce asexually.  

He provides food-grade glue sticks to kindergarteners.  

He has never had an awkward interaction at a zine fest. 

His long-arm stapler is actually made from his arm.  

He is. . .THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE (ZINE) WORLD!

Also, his zine, Proof I Exist #16, reviews itself! He's Billy the Bunny, and it's a good thing his zine reviews itself, because I used all my creative energy on those Most Interesting Man things. Here are a few nuggets you'll find/read about in this zine:
  • Embarrassing confessions
  • Gender bending
  • Navy ship slip-n-slides
  • Famous roommates
  • Thoughts on the noon vs. midnight distinction
  • An artistic habit unsettling to its subjects
  • Naked graffiti
  • He wants to see you naked, and he means that
As if that last one weren't enough.

In transparency, I want to let you know that Billy sent me Proof I Exist #16 as part of a donation to my volunteer project, Zines for Troops! I check out all the donations before I send them, in accordance with Operation Paperback guidelines (e.g., no racism, no pr()n). I was so delighted going through the thing that I want to encourage you guys to pick it up!

Billy also writes a number of other zines, and hosts a YouTube zine review show called Bling. You can find the latest episode, Bling 47, hyah. You should go watch it. I mean, his YouTube videos have won Oscars. . .


YOU WANT ME TO REVIEW YOUR ZINE?

Send 'em to me at:

Kari Tervo
Blog Zine
PO Box 7831
Beverly Hills, CA 90212 

No comments: