An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

In Other #GreenRanger News...

"Uh, Jason?  Yeah... we're gonna need that suit back..."
If there's ever a reason to talk about Power Rangers, I leap at the chance; it was one of my biggest pop culture beast moments while I was growing up.  Long story short, though, I was on the Internet today, and believe it or not, I came across a news blurb from May talking about BIG NEWS!  And by "big" I mean "borderline meaningless."  Jason David Frank, the guy who played the Green Ranger in 1993, is coming back for the 20th Anniversary of Power Rangers.  He currently does martial-arts/conventions full time.

Color me impressed that people still want to see these guys in action (presumably).  Power Rangers is just a kids' show, and I doubt it panders to many adults nowadays, but I guess it's cool.  What's cooler is the possible rivalry (fake!) between JD Frank and pro-wrestler, best in the world CM Punk.  How bad-ass would it be for Mr. McMahon to come out one night to introduce his new body guard THE! GREEEN!!  RAAAANNNNGGEEERRRR!!!!  CM Punk, being totally anti-establishment, can only get to McMahon through the Green Ranger!  Epic battles ensue...but only on pay-per-view... :(

Sources:
[1] The Original Green Ranger Returns: Jason David Frank Confirmed for Power Rangers 20th Anniversary
[2] Official Facebook Page
[3] Power Rangers is also on Netflix, dudes.

No comments: