An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blu-Ray Review: Blind Date


Turn your Blu-ray player into a time machine and head back to 1987 for Kim Basinger and Bruce Willis' night of hi-jinks in the romantic comedy Blind Date now available for your high definition viewing pleasure.

Is it worth your time?

Click the Rawr to find out.




Yes, to put it simply.

One of the things I love about this gig is that I get to see movies I've missed growing up.  I was seven when this movie came out and when I was old enough to watch it I wasn't really interested in this kind of movie anyway.  Now, as a film blogger and cinephile, I'm more than eager to sit down and watch whatever comes across my desk.

I've always known about Blind Date but I'd never gotten around to watching it for whatever reason. I'm pleased to say it's a fun little film.  I didn't realize it had John Larroquette who I love and who is great in this.  Not to mention William Daniels who I love and who is great in this.  Plus Kim Basinger and Bruce Willis.    Oh and Phil Hartman!

It's a wacky plot.  Kim Basinger has some weird alcohol allergy, has a sip of champagne and proceeds to pretty much ruin Bruce Willis' life over the course of one night.  John Larroquette is her crazy obsessed ex boyfriend.  I'll leave the rest to you to discover (despite the movie being nearly 30 years old).   It's 100% 80s and it's awesone.

The transfer looks great but the disc is without any features which is sad.  I'd have loved to have some interviews and a gag reel to pad the release a little but no such luck.

Fans of 80s comedies or the actors involved are sure to love it but a more casual viewer might not want to waste their time.  All I can say is that I liked it but then again I like pretty much everyone involved with it.

Blind Date is available on Blu-ray now!

8/10 Ripped Pockets

No comments: