An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Comedy Interviews: Beth Stelling

 
As an interviewer, you are suppose to be unbiased.  Just give the facts and that is it.  I don't have that ability with this comedian.  She was the first person that ever let me do my stand up comedy and for that I will always be grateful.  I also once lied to her high school friend for an entire evening about being a classmate from her elementary and she backed up my story.  I could go on and on about her doing Conan and being a Go Gal, but instead, I will let her words be your guide.  Ladies and Gentleman...Beth Stelling!
 
 
Riggs:  How are you?
Stelling:  I'm doing pretty good. I'm happy.

Riggs:  If you could, how would you plan your own funeral?


Stelling:  I think I would like a viewing before I am cremated so that people can kiss me on the lips before I burn.

Riggs:  Corn: Canned or Fresh?
Stelling:  FRESH. FRESH FRESH FRESH. Corn on the cob boiled perfectly, bright yellow, smothered in buttah and SALTTTTT!

Riggs:  What is the thing (tv show, comedian, person etc.) that gave you the idea to start comedy?
Stelling:  Early on I got a kick out of the fear and consequent joy that came from putting myself on silly display for large groups (or smaller crowds of people related to me). I don't know the exact impetus for that, but I know that watching older kids perform in our high school's musicals made me want to do that. I loved the idea of people coming to see a show and you being responsible for their enjoyment.

Riggs:  If you could have dinner with any historical figure, what would you suggest as an appetizer?
Stelling:  Mozarella sticks. No, caprese salad.

Riggs:  How many surgeries have you had?
Stelling:  None that I remember.

Riggs:  What are your four favorite state capitals (lower 48)? Please don't say why. Stelling:  Dubuque, Des Moines, Davenport, Marshalltown, Mason City, Keokuk, Ames, Clear Lake

Riggs:  5 words or less...explain religion.
Stelling:  It is a good story.

Riggs:  What are you most proud of in the world?
Stelling:  My nieces and nephews.

Riggs:  Any final thoughts? (Although none of your words will be edited, do know that if you do not include nice words about me, I will add them in for you...fyi, my version of you will be very complimentary towards me)
Stelling:  I don't like showering but once I'm in there it's where I do all my writing. I guess I just don't like drying my hair/styling it.  Also, that Matt Riggs is one hell of a good man.  Some might say a mighty good man.  I would be one of those some.

*Photo Credited to Mandee Johnson

 

No comments: