An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!

An all-new Pop Culture Beast is coming!
Pardon our dust!

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project

Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
Please consider doing the same.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

PS4 Review - Wolfenstein: The New Order



So far this new console generation has been a bit lackluster with the highlight titles so far being cross platform and cross generational games (I.E. Assassin's Creed IV). So far, the new generation games have been big disappointments (generation exclusives are few and far between), at least to me. Titanfall was barely half a game, Thief a snooze, and Watch Dogs doesn't seem to be living up to expectations either (I'm only part way through it so far). And now come the delays. Division, delayed. The Order, delayed. Arkham Knight, delayed. I was beginning to regret adopting next gen so early.

So imagine my enthusiasm for Wolfenstein. I'll be honest, there was none. Unfortunately, I hadn't played the last iteration so this one was barely a blip on my radar. I figured I'd get it eventually. Well, I didn't have to because thanks to our friends at Bethesda it showed up on my doorstep.

Maybe it's the lackluster showing of games so far or my growing disappointment with the new systems or more likely, it's just a great game because I am loving Wolfenstein. I am playing the PS4 version and the graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay is fun and challenging. The story about a soldier fighting against the nazis after they win WW2 is entertaining. I'm having a hard time finding anything to complain about. In truth, the only negative here is the length.

As much fun as I am having playing it, the campaign is just too short. It packs a lot of bang into that short time frame including unlockables and items to collect to access more game play modes.

A few more hours and some multiplayer would make this a must own game.  Still though, it's one of the best games you can get for the next gen consoles (it's on nearly all of the consoles by the way) so far and will be a nice way to bide time until more titles hit later this summer.

I'm really loving Wolfenstein and am really looking forward to the follow-up should it happen. It's a great resurrection to a long time franchise and a welcome edition to the FPS line-ups. I'm extra curious as to what kind of DLC we can look forward too.

Bottom line: One of the few games I've loved for the next gen consoles.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is available now!

For more information, visit http://www.wolfenstein.com/

8/10 Aerated Nazis

No comments: